I want to be Philip Marlowe
A relative of mine by which I do not feel an excessive appreciation bought a BMW for years. This acquisition will upset the talks so remarkable as in all his sentences included the word BMW. The above purchase also caused him some physical tara because his hand was so inseparable compound of five fingers, palm, back and keychain. Came hesitating one day I missed a race, but it of course with his car (he said BMW). I replied that I accepted the challenge with the condition to let me choose the route. Since we were in DRYLAND said "Come now to the castle. The race is to raise and lower the Keep the stairs. Do not forget your keychain that will be of great utility, asshole. He was my friend
G. scholarship for one season in Japan. Neighbor was an internal French as a good French surname MartÃnez (in any French team, is the sport that, there's always a Perez or Lopez or Fernandez or similar). Martinez was a very particular to write several books would not tolerated for children under eighteen. One of his peculiarities was that he was presiding over his room a large portrait of Clint Eastwood and below the picture you could read the following legend, think what would Clint Eastwood.
A film that struck me being a kid and that moves me whenever I see is "The Big Sleep." And I just finished reading "The Long Goodbye." I had never read Raymond Chandler. Mortal sin is not necessary, but the sin of the examination of conscience. Novel. Dialogues brutal, fast, searing, bright, witty, smart devastating. Not that I have a weakness for the character of Philip Marlowe. I want to be Philip Marlowe. No longer a loser, a sentimental with high ethical concept despite the facade of cynicism and hardness. No longer a character. But I want to be like him. That assurance, that poise, that handling of the situation, in all situations. Is novel. Is cinema. Life is something else. Or perhaps something else. These dialogues are impossible. You can not spend all day at the point of genius, being clever, being sharp, being cynical, being skeptical. You can not, once I was close to Marlowe and that was when my uncle challenged me to a race. And I felt good. I felt very good. Perhaps my room should have a picture of Humphrey Bogart (Chandler thought of Cary Grant. Marlowe is high) to say he thinks what would Philip Marlowe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment